Links I Love - Vol. 5 (Halloween Edition)

October is a good month for me. My birthday is in October. Halloween is in October. Sweater weather is in October. And my gift to you, in honor of my favorite month, is a Link List dedicated entirely to all things Halloween. Needless to say I'm excited for all this month is going to bring, including some non-Halloween related activities, like an upcoming trip to Louisville (my first time) and a reunion with some of my best college friends. My apologies for all those whose favorite holiday is not Halloween, BUT in my defense, I grin and bear it when you're all losing your shit over Christmas. So in the grand scheme of things, I'd like to think we net out.

If you're looking for a group costume this year, check out all of these great suggestions. 

If you're a fan of horror films -- which I sure as shit am not -- check out this authors opinion on the best to watch. 

These shelves were the inspiration for my Halloween decor last year and this year. 

While I decided against it for this years party, I am seriously considering a themed murder mystery for my annual Halloween/Birthday mashup in honor of the big 3-0 next year.

I'm not going to lie, Anna's family costumes are out of this world good! How does she get all her kids to dress up and agree to a theme? If you're looking for family costumes for a family of 3+ kids, check out when they were characters from NeverlandStar Wars, and the circus

My dream is to recreate this idea for my own apartment, but lour current ow ceilings would make it nearly impossible. 

Every fall I wish I had a front porch to decorate.

Great ideas for work appropriate costumes.

The cutest ideas to update your home for Halloween can be found here and here. I love the paper bats so much I made some for my house. 

While Meghan Markle is my favorite Duchess, this Kate Middleton costume is a great idea!

Chris and Julia are my Halloween party inspiration. Their family costume last year was so original and my personal favorite. But their past years costumes (found herehere, and here) are also super creative. Also, love the idea of shooting your family costume as your Halloween party invite. 

Easy (and awesome) costume idea of those who've hung onto their wedding dress.

For all of those who hate Halloween and/or want to put in the least amount of effort, this Frida Kahlo costume makes the best use of items that are probably in your closet or laying around your house. At best you may need to get a couple flowers from the craft store. 

If you're a fan of Breakfast at Tiffany's, this guide is for you. 

When your kids start dictating your family costume, you just have to roll with the punches. Emily's theme'd family costumes have been pretty good each year (and lowkey). Check out when they did ET and Jurassic Park .

If you're still looking for a couples costume idea.

I never would have thought of a flight attendant costume, but Jessica's got some great homemade costume ideas. 

A great backdrop idea for your Halloween Party (and some couples costume ideas). Tip: you can get the black gauze at the dollar store!

Easy enough DIY superhero kids costume.

Have a great weekend y'all!

Comments

Popular Posts