How to Transition Midi Skirts into Fall

Photo Credit: The Fashion Medley

While the temperatures are still hovering in the 80's and the swamp like humidity seems endless, everyone will not shut up about Fall. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a monster. I love Fall too. But I'm not ready for summer to end and I'm certainly not ready for the inevitable winter hovering around the corner to rear her ugly head. With that said, I do LOVE fall clothes. Summer dressing has always made me feel self conscious and confused. But sweaters? That's my shit right there! 

Has anyone else noticed that the tall 70's style slouchy boots are making a comeback? More specifically the boot + knee length or midi length skirts + chunky sweaters combo? This past spring and summer I really embraced the midi style skirt and dress but noticed I always struggle with what shoes to pair with them. I found that heels or mules worked well during the warmer months, but looking ahead towards Fall, I don't think I've got the right footwear to carry the trend into cooler temps. Tights and midi skirts tend to look kind of strange together and while I've seen a ton of sneaker + midi pairings, its just not a style I gravitate towards, nor is it a long term solution once the frost warnings kick in. Its also my opinion that a heeled boot keeps the look from airing on the side of frumpy, so that removes the any of the flat pointed toed boots or knee high flat boots I currently own from the equation.

As you probably all realize at this point, I like to keep a pretty paired down wardrobe. I only really buy items I can foresee wearing a multitude of ways and try to keep costs down when I do decide to pull the trigger. I've been toying with the idea of adding a pair of these sloucky tall boots to my wardrobe for awhile, but think it may be something that I need to commit to this Fall for not only my midi skirts, but my short shirts as well. I have to admit, these ladies look sleek AF while also looking warm and cozy. 

Are you a fan of the midi + sweater combo? Would you rock your mom's boots from her glory days? Leave me a comment below with your take on the trend! 

Photo Credit: Elle
Photo Credit: Elle
Photo Credit: Vogue
Photo Credit: Getty Images





Comments

Popular Posts